Tata Nexon EV Catches Fire In Mumbai

Tata Nexon EV had recently caught fire in Mumbai, and the incident was captured on camera by viewers who shared it online. Authorities say the fire was contained very quickly. 

This is the first time in almost four years that more than 30,000 electric vehicles across the country have covered a distance of 100 million kilometers.

While some will soon come to a conclusion about the causes of the incident, we are awaiting a detailed analysis by Tata. 

Many people blame the battery for overcharging or overheating due to the scorching heat in India, which can reach 50 degrees Celsius in a clear day as a catalyst for such accidents.

Lithium-ion cells, which form a battery pack, are based on chemical reactions that generate energy. The standard Nexon EV comes in a 30.2kWh high-voltage lithium-ion battery pack.

It should also be noted that BEV batteries worldwide suffer from a rare occurrence of fire. Most notably, the Hyundai Kona Electric in South Korea had 13 fires by the end of 2020.

Once Tata has identified the cause of the problem, it is hoped that the carmaker will assess whether other units are likely to have a similar effect and make the necessary changes by recalling.

Click on the link below to get more information related to this Story